AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing "Conversions" being pulled into non-remarketing conversion

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a search and display campaign running that's tracking conversions on a form landing page as the conversion point. The tracking was working fine until I implemented a remarketing snippets tracking specific views of other pages on the same domain. Now every remarketing hit is being pulled into the search and display as a conversion and messing up the CPA bidding and segementation. 

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

What steps should I take to troubleshoot as this has happened to another account before and I had to stop remarketing as a result? 

Thank you,

Ryan

Re: Remarketing "Conversions" being pulled into non-remarket

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As an update, I could segment out the conversion on the ad group level but not at the keyword level. But I'm still at a loss as to why the conversion cross-contaminated from remarketing pixel fires without even running a remarketing campaign. Any insights to this would be very appreciated and serve a good reference for others. Thanks!

Re: Remarketing "Conversions" being pulled into non-remarket

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Are you running search and Display in the same campaign?

If so I would 100% suggest splitting them out into individual campaigns. S & D perform very differently and you will need to know how each is performing to optimise efficiently.

Also, from what you state in your first post it sounds like your using the conversion code on the landing page itself. Is this correct?

As for the remarketing tag, are you sure it is a remarketing code you have implemented? The remarketing code wouldn't affect conversions.

I would suggest looking into the site-wide remarketing tag to ensure it has been done properly:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476688?hl=en-GB

Ryan.