AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing for Email

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All- 

A simple question here. I have a Google Remarketing Tag on a landing page for SEM. If I send visitors from Email blasts to that same landing page, will the people be included into my audience even though they did not click on an ad? And if they are put into that audience will ads be served to them because they are now in that audience?

Thanks for any help!

David 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David O
September 2015

Re: Remarketing for Email

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi David,
Welcome to the community.

A nice easy one. The answers to your questions are yes and yes.
A user will be added to a remarketing list regardless of where they came from. With ONE exception. If you created your remarketing list using a custom segment in Google Analytics (There's actually two ways to make lists, in AdWords and in GA) and that segment contains traffic from one type of source, then they will not show.

Does that answer your question?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David O
September 2015

Re: Remarketing for Email

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi David,
Welcome to the community.

A nice easy one. The answers to your questions are yes and yes.
A user will be added to a remarketing list regardless of where they came from. With ONE exception. If you created your remarketing list using a custom segment in Google Analytics (There's actually two ways to make lists, in AdWords and in GA) and that segment contains traffic from one type of source, then they will not show.

Does that answer your question?