AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing for 3rd party

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have created an adwords campaign for a 3rd party client in our Adwords account.  They have a URL that has our domain in it. I see many click/impressions for the ad, but they claim there is no activity on the ad - and they are trying to view the clicks/ads from a 3rd party server.  I talked with GA support, and got this answer " they will not be able to view your Adwords results because they can't see the GDN results". Is this accurate?  They claim that the remarketing isn't working properly. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Barbara S,

What 3rd party tool are you using? I'm confused because if you are running the adwords account, you should be able to see the data. If the client has access to the account they should also be able to see the data. 

I'm also confused why your client's url contains your company's url domain as well. 

Please clarify further so that I can help.

Best,

Nick

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

I'm not sure I fully understand the scenario

On the AdWords UI reporting - do you see the activities of the campaign?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So my company has created this senario: we placed the remarketing code on our website - and then we take an advertiser's med rec (leaderboard) etc., and create an AdWords campaign that shows their advertisement to the people who have been tagged from our site. The URL behind the ad, directs them to the landing page for their product.  They claim the program is not working because they don't see any "viable" clicks on their ad server.  But my understanding is that they won't - becuase it's not an advertisment on our website, but an advertisement on the GDN and they won't see those impressions/clicks in their reporting tools.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So my company has created this senario: we placed the remarketing code on our website - and then we take an advertiser's med rec (leaderboard) etc., and create an AdWords campaign that shows their advertisement to the people who have been tagged from our site. The URL behind the ad, directs them to the landing page for their product.  They claim the program is not working because they don't see any "viable" clicks on their ad server.  But my understanding is that they won't - becuase it's not an advertisment on our website, but an advertisement on the GDN and they won't see those impressions/clicks in their reporting tools

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So my company has created this senario: we placed the remarketing code on our website - and then we take an advertiser's med rec (leaderboard) etc., and create an AdWords campaign that shows their advertisement to the people who have been tagged from our site. The URL behind the ad, directs them to the landing page for their product.  They claim the program is not working because they don't see any "viable" clicks on their ad server.  But my understanding is that they won't - becuase it's not an advertisment on our website, but an advertisement on the GDN and they won't see those impressions/clicks in their reporting tools

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see the tracking just fine, # impressions, CPC, #clicks, they don't have access to our AdWords account. I think they are confused with Google DFP and those types of ad server reports.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see the tracking just fine, # impressions, CPC, #clicks, they don't have access to our AdWords account. I think they are confused with Google DFP and those types of ad server reports.