AdWords
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing conversion tag with Ajax form

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everybody!

I am working with a client who has a form submitted with Ajax. After the visitor submits the form, they are redirected to another website.

I am now trying to place the remarketing tag for conversions and target with the campaign all visitors who did not convert, but I am not sure how to set up the conversion tag. Should I put a rule and say it fires whenever it contains the second website´s url? Is this possible?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Erik

Re: Remarketing conversion tag with Ajax form

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Erik,

have you considered event listeners? These would be able to fire when the form is submitted successfully, thus allowing you to track that as a conversion and giving you an action that can be used as a rule in your remarketing lists.

Learn more here:
https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/3415369?hl=en

Good Luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clynton,

Thank you for your answer. I hadn´t considered using them.

If I place a Form submitter Listener event on the submit button, I guess this will include in my remarketing list everybody who filled the form even if it was uncompleted, right?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Eric
GA does have this feature of tracking of Ajax based events. This link will provide you the details https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/eventTrackerGuide

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Also Eric you can make use of cross domain tracking, thats how shopping transactions on sites that have carts set up on other domains track sales.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Ajay, I will add the tag in the second domain where the user is redirected to.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
No issues Erik, I got your spelling right this time!