AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing conversion attribution to keywords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am going with few confusion over attribution of my conversions.

If i have a running campaign of t-shirts on different colours. consisting of keywords: "blue tshirts", "slim blue tshirts" "half sleeve blue tshirts" "green tshirts" "yellow tshirts".

And later decide to run a re-marketing campaign on display and get few conversions.

How i would be able to track that which keyword should get credited for the conversion?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Remarketing conversion attribution to keywords

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Vineet,

In AdWords, such a remarketing conversion would be attributed to the remarketing campaign. AdWords automatically attributes a conversion to the last clicked ad.

In Analytics, however, you can compare different attribution models. That way you can for example use a first interaction attribution instead of a last interaction attribution model. Using such a model, you can see which keywords and ad clicks (or organic/direct/...) happened before the remarketing conversion.

More information on attribution modeling in analytics can be found here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1662518