AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing both script and iframe used

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have the following message when I look up the Tag Assistant on my website. I have recently added the remarketing tag (within the last day or two) but this message seems to appear:

Suggestion: Both <script> and <iframe> used.

However, on clicking "more info", there are no details regarding the particular suggestion, I have not made any changes to the default code and cannot envisage why it is suggesting I am using an iFrame when I am not.

At first, I thought maybe it was because I had placed the code in a separate PHP include file, but after trial and error I discovered this was not the case.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this suggestion message could be showing up?

Many thanks.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing both script and iframe used

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Sam,

Thanks for posting on our Community forum. Before I address the <iframe> message issue, can you please verify if your AdWords account is showing your Remarketing tag is active or not? To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Login to your AdWords account.
  2. Go to the Campaigns tab.
  3. Click on Shared library.
  4. Click on Audiences.
  5. In the Audiences section, look for the Remarketing Tag box. It should tell you if your tag is active or not [see example screenshot]. 

remarketingtag_status.png

If your Remarketing tag is active (and as you indicated you had recently added the tag), the <iframe> message should no longer appear once your tag is working.

A similiar issue as yours had been reported in an earlier Community post which you can reference on this link: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Remarketing-tag-error-message/m-p/199306/highligh...

Please let me know if this issue has been resolved or not after 2-3 business days. Thanks.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi John,

Many thanks for your quick response. I have just checked my Adwords account and it's saying my tag is active...!

Any further suggestions are greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Sam,

I'm glad to hear your Remarketing tag is working. The only other suggestion I can make for now is to let your remarketing tag run for awhile in your campaign. Here's some great tips you may want to consider:

• If you're a search advertiser, you can use remarketing to create an integrated campaign strategy. After driving traffic to your site with search ads, you can then use remarketing to reach those customers who visited your site by showing them ads and special offers on sites throughout the Google Display Network. Conversely, remarketing ads on the Google Display Network can drive more searches for your brand and products, increasing the amount of traffic you can get from searches on Google. 

You can find more information about Remarketing from our AdWords Help Center articles here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi John

Thanks very much for your assistance, currently the data table under Audiences > Shared Library is saying:

"Too small to target for Google search: A remarketing or combination list should have at least 1,000 cookies on it for an ad to be shown to that list"

Yet when I click through to the Audience summary and look at the graph data, headed "List size over time on the Display Network", it says as of 2nd February there are 1171 cookies on the list.

I'm not sure I understand how the error that the list is too small to target when the graph data would suggest otherwise?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi there;
I am a bit late here;
So, if you ignore the error - does Remarketing campaign work?

EDIT: JP   I saw the same question in Hebrew today; on an Hebrew G+ community; - Could it be a bug?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Hi Sam,

Let me check if this is a a new issue that our ADWords Support team is aware of.

Moshe,

Can you do me a favor and post a link to the same question from the Hebrew G+ Community? Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@JP 

Ohhh...  With the so many posts  and queries I get every day, I had to dig a bit in the bin...   Smiley Happy Here it is:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/100206406340858643054/posts/fGh5tXQqfvw?cfem=1

I linked this  discussion, as a reply (to the user's question)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
Moshe,

Thanks for the link.

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi Moshe & Sam,

I checked with the AdWords Support team but did not get any indication this is a known issue. Since this is the case, I've asked our AdWords Support team to follow-up with Sam on whats causing this issue. Please expect to be contacted shortly.

If a resolution is found, I'll post it on this thread for others (including your user from the Hebrew G+ Community) to read.