AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing: audience

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Is it possible to use Remarketing code of two different website from same Google analytics account? Also in adwords also those campaigns of different websites are running under same account?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ana A
September 2015

Re: Remarketing: audience

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Ok, I understand it better now.

Since there are two different websites, running them with the same GA code (for the same property) is out of the question.

Since you'll only be using one AdWords account, you'll have to link it to both Analytics accounts to your AdWords account (the AdWords user will have to be admin for both Analytics accounts) and you'll see campaign data for the whole AdWords account (not just the one pertaining to one domain) in each of the Analytics accounts unless you filter your data as described here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034318?hl=en

At this point, once you've linked both Analytics accounts with the AdWords account, whether you use AdWords remarketing or Analytics remarketing lists is less relevant. Analytics has the advantage that you no longer have to place extra code on your website, as Pankaj rightly told you. And it can allow you to remarket to specific segments that you can define.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ana,

I am not sure what you mean here. Are you saying that you want to use different Remarketing codes inside your account from Google Analytics? In terms of GA, there is no specific code, you just need to edit the existing GA code to enable interest based advertising and implement across the whole site.

I would suggest you to first look at this help center doc and understand how you could create remarketing list using different means: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thankyou Pankaj for your reply,

I know how to create Remarketing List. I just want to know that is there any problem in running two remarketing campaigns of different clients under same account. As one adword account provide single RM code and we have to apply the same code on both sites.

Also if GA is better option for that?

Ana

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello, Ana.

Coding aside, are you sure it is a good idea to run advertising campaigns for two (or more) different clients from the same AdWords account?

If anything happens with that account (it gets reviewed or suspended), both clients will suffer, even if only one website is (let's say) non-compliant.

The best course of action would be, in my opinion, to use separate AdWords accounts and run them through an MCC account.

Please consider it and should you choose this path you will no longer have the above problem while also assuring the required account "independence".

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Calin

Thankyou , but i just took the example of two clients, the client is same but having different business in different fields and he dont want to create two different account. I have also suggested hime for MCC as well but he is saying to continue the same in one account.

So just need to confirm that Remarketing from Adwords or GA will be better option.

Ana
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ana A
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Ok, I understand it better now.

Since there are two different websites, running them with the same GA code (for the same property) is out of the question.

Since you'll only be using one AdWords account, you'll have to link it to both Analytics accounts to your AdWords account (the AdWords user will have to be admin for both Analytics accounts) and you'll see campaign data for the whole AdWords account (not just the one pertaining to one domain) in each of the Analytics accounts unless you filter your data as described here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034318?hl=en

At this point, once you've linked both Analytics accounts with the AdWords account, whether you use AdWords remarketing or Analytics remarketing lists is less relevant. Analytics has the advantage that you no longer have to place extra code on your website, as Pankaj rightly told you. And it can allow you to remarket to specific segments that you can define.

Hope it helps.