AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Tag analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,  From what I have read it appears that there may be 2 different remarketing tags?  One for adwords and one for our analytics account?  We have the Merchant Center and both our adwords and analytics accounts linked together.  The tag we have is from the Adwords account.  So, my question is this:  Is it 2 different tags or do we use one or the other?

Tag Assistant in Chrome shows ours as working.  Is there any other way to test it?

Thank you in advance.

Eva

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Tag analytics

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, you can use only the adwords remarketing tag to target people in your list. However analytics remarketing can give out lot of options than the adwords remarketing tag.

For a starter i will recommend adwords remarketing tag. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Re: Remarketing Tag analytics

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Eva, welcome to the Community.

The Analytics Remarketing "tag" isn't a separate snippet of code like the AdWords one is but rather just a slight change to GA code you've already got on your site.  It's a very simple change but the easiest way to apply it is to go to your Analytics Account, then "Admin", then choose the "Tracking Info" tab and make sure the option for "Display Advertising Support" is ON.  Then copy the code and apply it to your site as normal.  From that point on you'll have access to Analytics remarketing.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits