AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Tag For Two Different Website In One Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am looking to start re marketing campaigns for some of my clients. I have single ad words account with different campaigns running in the account.

So should i used single re marketing code for all my campaigns or i need to use different re marketing codes for different campaigns. if yes, who i can get different re marketing campaigns.

Thanks

Fahad

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Tag For Two Different Website In One Account

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hello Fahad,

You can use 1 code for all campaigns, also you can create different remarketing lists based on your website url options:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

If you are using Google Analytics, you can create more complicated lists and import them in adwords, so you can target other traffic sources such as organic in adwords as well.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611404?hl=en

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hello Fahad,

You can use 1 code for all campaigns, also you can create different remarketing lists based on your website url options:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

If you are using Google Analytics, you can create more complicated lists and import them in adwords, so you can target other traffic sources such as organic in adwords as well.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611404?hl=en

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
If you're running campaigns on behalf of clients you should not run them in the same AdWords account that's against AdWords policy.

See this:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6086450?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello Fahad,

Yes, running campaigns for more than one client in a single AdWords account is not only against AdWords policy, it is bad for your clients and for your business. There are many reasons for this, and I'm not going to go into all that here at this time.

Get an MCC account, create separate accounts for each of your clients. MCC accounts can share remarketing lists among clients, if that what you want to do.

With the AdWords remarketing code, you'll need at least one for each campaign you are running. You have options to combine with or exclude from other lists. Say you want people who visited a certain page but did not convert. The remarketing code would be on the that certain page. If you have the conversion code on the last page of your conversion, that creates a remarketing list. So, you could say the campaign includes all those on remarketing list A but not on the conversion list.

There are many, many other ways to make and use and create remarketing lists.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Pete, the question was if you can use one code for different campaigns. Please send me the link to adwords policies where it's written that you can't use one code for different compaigns. There should be a separate code for each website, but not for campaign.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Alexey C,

It's not a policy. It's a matter of separating campaigns. You can combine remarketing lists but you can segment them. If you use different codes, you have more options. You can do it any way you want.

The policy I mentioned is running campaigns for multiple clients within a single account. I may have misinterpreted your questions and you're not doing that.

Pete

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Pete,

Please let me know what additional options I have when I use 2 remarketing codes for 1 website in 1 account. And how do you generate 2 codes?

I found it very convenient to set up remarketing lists in Google Analytics - you really have more options in it.
Thanks.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Alexey,

GA remarketing lists are fine and more flexible. It's a good way to go.

Let's say you have 2 remarketing lists set up with AdWords code. You can set up your list to be everyone on list 1 but not on list 2.

Now let's say you are advertising 2 specific products. You can place different remarketing code on the landing page for each product, then setup your remarketing campaign to target visitors who visited a specific product page. Admittedly, this is easier to do with GA remarketing lists. But this is an option for advertisers who don't use GA.

To generate two codes, generate the second one the same way you generated the first one, give it a different name.

Pete

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Pete, 

1) You are not able to generate 2 adwords remarketing codes from 1 adwords account.
2) Even if there would be such option there is not need to do that as you set up all needed lists in Google Analytics using regular expressIonS so actually you don't need to paste even 1 adwords remarketing code.
For example:

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency