AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Tag Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm very new to this SEO stuff and just learning about adding a remarketting tag to my website which is www.that-chair.com can someone please have a look at this and let me know why the tag is flagging up with an error? 

The errors im getting are:

An error occured while the tag was fired: net::ERR_ABORTED

and:

Error while sending request: net::ERR_ABORTED

Please help!

Phil

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Tag Error

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Phil, how are things?

At a first glance I couldn't find anything wrong with the remarketing code.

A few things that comes in mind:

- The code is not installed on the recommended place, which is right before the </body> tag of the HTML. It's installed right after the opening <body>, sometimes this creates conflict. If you can move the code to it's recommended place for a test, would be great
- If you're using some platforms like wordpress or any ecommerce, make sure to test every plugin you have. Disable them and test the Google Tag Assistant to see if the conflict goes away

Also, it's very recommended that you install Google Analytics on your website. It's used to measure things and user behavior inside your website:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008015?hl=en&ref_topic=3544906

The good thing about Analytics, is that you can use remarketing from Analytics, and link your Analytics account to your Adwords, so that one option in case the code installed directly on the HTML does not work.

Another possibility is to install Google Tag Manager on your website, and then install remarketing from inside Tag Manager. It may seem a little tricky on the beginning, it's not that difficult.

This page can help you install Tag Manager:
https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6103696?hl=en&ref_topic=3441530

And this help you configure Remarketing:
https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6166257?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Phil,

One thing you can try as well is remove the following line:

var google_conversion_label = "qpAbCOLdv2IQo_y6vwM";

It looks as though you are trying to create a specific remarketing list. Removing that line will allow you to create that lists (all visitors 180 days) and others on your platform with rules. I do not think I have ever laced a remarketing tag with a conversion label included in it and I have never had any issues before, so this could be the issue.

Let me know if that helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey guys,

Thank you soo much for your replies, i have moved the remarketing info to the bottom of the script page now before the </body> part and the error is still persisting. Also Clynton, this remarketing script is made for all visitors 180 days so will i achieve the same goal removing this line from the code?

Also any further tips would be greatly appreciated as it's still showing up as an error.

Finally in adwords it appears that this remarketing code is doing something as there is now a graph showing that the list size has grown.

Phil

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
leandrofm - Thanks for your tip as well, i have now set up google analytics and linked it with our adwords account. Can you elaborate on how to set up remarketing from analytics to avoid this problem or let me know if you have any other advice on getting it to work?

As i mentioned to Clynton it seems there is data coming through from the remarketing code i placed so not really sure where it's gone wrong.

Thanks
Phil
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Phil,

By removing the conversion label you make the remarketing list a 'blank list' so it will cookie everyone and you can then create various lists in AdWords, such as an all visitors 180 day list or only product pages or converting users etc.

Doing this will allow you in future to create other lists and not add new code or have to make any changes in the future.

At this stage that is the only thing out of place that I can see from the code, as to why it is causing issues I am no 100% sure (unless the list is not actually set up and the label revers to a non-entity or perhaps there is actually no issue and GTA is throwing an error as it is not expecting the label).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Clynton,

Thanks again for the quick reply, how can i check if the list is properly set up to make sure this is not the problem?

Phil

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Phil,

Here is the Google Help article on creating the lists:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

If you wish to know that the list is set up properly you will be able to see this by viewing the audience itself (shared Library> Audiences). There it will be able to tell you if the list is populating and if it's membership is open.

Goodluck