AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Tag Error "Some products are not valid" on Purchase Page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been using the recommended chrome addon, Google Tag Assistant, to verify my remarketing tags on each page of my retail store.  Many of my pages, such as product pages, and shopping cart pages pass the check and products validate vs my linked merchant center account.  My issue is with certain pages that are not supposed to have the ecomm_prodid value like the Purchase/Confirmation page are throwing a error in the Tag Assistant saying "Some products are not valid" on the re-marketing tag.

I verified from the Remarketing Tag Parameters guide at https://developers.google.com/adwords-remarketing-tag/parameters?hl=en#retail that a page like the Purchase page is not supposed to have the ecom_prodid value.  It specifically said  about ecom_prodid "This parameter should be passed when the ecomm_pagetype is product or cart".  So I am not sure why the Tag Assistant would say a product is not valid on the "Purchase" page as their are no products being passed on the page.

This is the javascript snippet on the one page I am using for this example:

<script type='text/javascript'>
var google_tag_params = {
ecomm_pagetype: 'purchase',
ecomm_totalvalue: '18.000000'
};
</script>

What am I doing wrong to cause that tag to error out in Tag Assistant with "Some products are not valid" ?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Tag Error "Some products are not valid" on P

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can actually verify this happens on any page without ecomm_prodid tag setup. Even on pages such as a sitemap, or contact form that are properly tagged as "ecomm_pagetype: 'other'" with no related products the chrome Tag Assistant validater addon still shows Error: "Some products are not valid".

What am I missing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having the same problem. Did you solve this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, unfortunately no one has helped with this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the same exact issue. Followed the instructions but getting "Some products are not valid" when testing tag with Google Tag Assistant. It seems to be working correctly only on product pages and also on the cart page, where an "ecomm_prodid" variable is present. Any other site page that does not inlcude the "ecomm_prodid" variable is erroring out with "Some products are not valid".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

me too, i get same error Smiley Sad dont know why @@

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michael, 

There is an issue with the remarketing tag. I advise you call up Adwords Customer Care and ask them to fix an appointment with Tag Implementation team. They are the best to get you further. You will get a call back from them and to work with them, you need to have the admin access to your website or have the webmaster (who maintains your website) with you over the appointment. 

Thanks

PK

Remarketing Tag Error &quot;Some products are not valid&quot; on Purchase Page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Piyush,

I have just followed your advice and called the Adwords Hotline. However, they also have no idea how to solve this.

Remarketing Tag Error &quot;Some products are not valid&quot; on Purchase Page?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2015.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.