AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Tag Critical Error in Cart

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting a critical error in my cart in tag assistant when I have multiple products, but not when I have a single product or on the product page. This is the datawhat's listed in the tag assistant

ecomm_totalvalue: 31.60,31.60

ecomm_pagetype: cart

ecomm_prodid: 30797,2217

And the URL

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/viewthroughconversion/970583934/?random=1400165985009&cv=7...

I've tried it a bunch of different ways and can't seem to get it to validate. Any ideas?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Craig B (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Tag Critical Error in Cart

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Robert,

My name is Craig from Google AdWords and I am happy to assist you with the Dynamic Remarketing code. On the cart page, when you have multiple values in a parameter, use a JavaScript array (brackets) to correct this issue. Also, in the "ecomm_totalvalue" parameter, you need to send the sum of the value of the items in the cart. An example would look like this:

ecomm_prodid: ['123', '456'],
ecomm_pagetype: 'cart',
ecomm_totalvalue: '120.00'

I hope this clarifies the issue and if you are still running into issues, give us a call at 1-866-2-Google and we can help you diagnose the code further!

Best,

Craig

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your question. Can you please post a screenshot if you can? Also have you taken a look at this post here?

Are you validating the MC ID on the product page and not the home page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think it has to do with the home page -- I was getting this error before I had even implemented the home page ecomm_pagetype. I've attached 3 screenshots, one of each of the product pages correctly validating, and one of the cart which is not. 

http://www.lonestarpercussion.com

You can visit the page there (note : I'm working on the home page - so ignore errors there) add two items to your cart (the cart error dosen't show up until there are two items) and you should be able to recreate it.

Robert

Screen Shot 2014-05-16 at 8.34.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-05-16 at 8.34.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-05-16 at 8.33.33 AM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's been a few days - I was hoping someone might have an idea I can try. It's frustrating with only "error" as the message, and it looks like the format is correct.

Robert

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Craig B (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Robert,

My name is Craig from Google AdWords and I am happy to assist you with the Dynamic Remarketing code. On the cart page, when you have multiple values in a parameter, use a JavaScript array (brackets) to correct this issue. Also, in the "ecomm_totalvalue" parameter, you need to send the sum of the value of the items in the cart. An example would look like this:

ecomm_prodid: ['123', '456'],
ecomm_pagetype: 'cart',
ecomm_totalvalue: '120.00'

I hope this clarifies the issue and if you are still running into issues, give us a call at 1-866-2-Google and we can help you diagnose the code further!

Best,

Craig