AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Remarketing Lists Decline after Integrating GTM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I try to be brief and precise: 

- We have a multistep funnel checkout process opening via layer (popup)

- Last month, we implemented GTM and removed all old Remarketing Tags from our pages (also global tags, no specific remarketing) 

- Then, we used GTM to implement the AdWords remarketing tag

- After the change, remarketing list "People visited this popup multistep funnel but did not convert" declines steadily

- After the change, just tag hits were further counted but no event hits anymore 

I was shortly thinking I need to fire virtual pageviews on every popup step, but it worked out with the old tags before GTM as well. So what could be the problem after changing to GTM?

EventHits.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ScottyD (Top Contributor)
March

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate your contributions to keep this topic up somehow. I realize I should put this into the google product forum for GTM. 

Thanks for participation. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

One option is that the bid is too low,...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Remarketing Lists Decline after Integrating GTM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is RLSA and the bids seem fine. The decline happened right after removing the old remarketing tags and the integration of GTM. As seen here on the right, it happened right after the day of implementation (list for RSLA Campaign). 

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-12 um 7.29.40 PM.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I would not attribute the decrease in performances to the change of codes unless the RLSA list was rebuilt, and the previous one was removed. Have you checked?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We did not change anything regarding the lists, it is the same as before. The Hit/Event chart you see in my first post sticks to the whole adwords account. Right after the change, no events anymore. The weird thing is, another list is stable. 

Our old remarketing tag looked sth like this below and was removed. Then installed within tag manager again. I do not send any additional remarketing parameter within tag manager to adwords, it is the basic installation. 

<script type="text/javascript"> 
/* <![CDATA[ */ 
var google_conversion_id = XXXXXXXXXX; 
var google_custom_params = window.google_tag_params; 
var google_remarketing_only = true; 
/* ]]> */ 
</script>

Edit:

The parameters (events) that were sent before were:

- gtag.config (we had the global site tag running on our website for about a month)

- conversions 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Try to revert to the AdWords code

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ScottyD (Top Contributor)
March

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate your contributions to keep this topic up somehow. I realize I should put this into the google product forum for GTM. 

Thanks for participation.