AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing List Size not match the right website visitors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Advertising cookies are required for remarketing. Not all of the unique users included in the Analytics estimate will have the cookies necessary to include them in the AdWords remarketing list. Since the remarketing feature uses both first- and third-party cookies, users who do not have both of these cookies will not be included in your remarketing list.

Questions about this from adwords help.

What is "Advertising cookies"?

I setup the remarketing audience yesterday. But it shows ZERO size in both display and search audience categories. But in the past 7 days, my website has about 22500 visitors.

Does the remarketing list only counts visitors come from Adwords ad clicks?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Remarketing List Size not match the right website visitors

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Yunfeng,

Thanks for reaching out. 

A Cookie is a small file saved on people's computers to help store preferences and other information that's used on webpages that they visit. We use cookies to make advertising more engaging to users and more valuable to publishers and advertisers. Some common applications of cookies are to select advertising based on what’s relevant to a user; to improve reporting on campaign performance; and to avoid showing ads the user has already seen.

I recommend enabling the Advertising Features so Google Analytics can collect data about your traffic via Google advertising cookies. Here are the instructions:

1) Sign in to your Analytics account.

2) Click Admin, and navigate to the property for which you want to enable these features.

3) In the Property column, click Tracking Info, then click Data Collection.

4) Under Data Collection for Advertising Features:

To enable Remarketing, set Remarketing and Advertising Reporting Features to ON.

To enable only the Advertising Reporting Features, set only Advertising Reporting

Features to ON.

Once you have, you can follow these instructions to create audiences. 

If you are still having trouble, I recommend getting in touch with the AdWords team. They will be able to look into your account and help identify the problem.