AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing List Issue

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Everyone,

I have a campaign to which i am running Ads on search network from past 2 years. Last week i set-up Remarketing List for this campaign. I have created two list. One is for all visitors & second is for thank you page to track people who has filled-up inquiry form. 

Today when i checked that account and opened Remarketing List i found status 40 showing for Thank You page under "List size (Display Network)" column. As i mentioned i am running ads only on search network even i have excluded search partner option to show my ads.

Why Adwords showing 40 people from Display Network has filled-up inquiry form?

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing List Issue

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Pankaj,

Have you created the Remarketing List through AdWords or Analytics?

Looking forward to help you Smiley Happy

Shafi Ahamed

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
you are only able to run remarketing on the display network unless you reach 1,000 people at which point you will be able to run advertising on the search network using RLSA campaigns.

However, until that time it will only show you the size of the list you can target on the display network.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Shafi Ahamed I have created the list through Adwords.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Like @stickleback has explained, we need to wait till we have 1000 people to start RLSA. Once it crosses 100, you can start Remarketing through Display Network.

Cheers!

Shafi Ahamed

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pankaj,

What I understand is you created a remarketing list to target those user who filled-up inquiry form and reached thank you page.

The number 40 under "List size (Display Network)" column is the number of user available to target on display network. Don't confuse this number with your conversion or something else.

When you create a remarketing list google gives you numbers of user available to target on Search Network & Display Network and most of the time both numbers are different.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Pankaj,

If I come to your question: Why Adwords showing 40 people from Display Network has filled-up inquiry form?

All traffics from any source can be added into Display network cookies.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Remarketing lists exist separately from any particular campaign so when you create them, you will see sizes for both search and display. It doesn't mean that you are actively targeting them for search and display.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Remarketing List

For Thank You list i have added page URL which appear when someone fill-up form and click on Send Inquiry button. As per my knowledge it means 40 people from Display network has filled-up that form, @Alok S What do you say here?

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee
"it means 40 people from Display network has filled-up that form" No, that's not what it means, it only means that 40 people can be retargeted on the Google Display Network.

The users are all visitors of your site. The reason the list sizes are different for search and display is that different policies apply to them: some visitors of your site can be retargeted on the Google Display Network but not on Google Search.