AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Code Async

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As far as I can see you do not have an async version of the remarketing code.  The way I plan to use this is to create 4 remarketing lists: All Visitors, Specific Condo Visitors, Specific Area Visitors, and Specific Type of Property (Condo or House) visitors.  This is for an ecommerce website renting vacation rentals in Gulf Shores Alabama, http://www.meyerre.com

I want to have a property page load up the different remarketing codes based on properties that users visit.  To do this I plan to create up to 4 iframes on a page with the remarketing codes for each of the categories above.  Visitors to a house page for a house in Gulf Shores would get All Visitors, House Visitors, and Gulf Shores Visitors.

The problem is because the remarketing code is setup to be run one from a page, I have to do 3 or 4 iframes on a page to get this done, and they are running on load and blocking the parent page.  I feel like there should be a better solution, either queue up and allow multiple remarketing codes per page, and/or allow the remarketing code to run asynchronously.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Victor Richerson

Web Development

Meyer Real Estate

http://www.meyerre.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Code Async

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Victor,

I don't know if this will help. Can you place the iFrames at the end of the page so they don't interfere with rendering the main page? There's an awful lot of scripting on your pages!

Just a thought.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Something about an iframe makes it load and run scripts before the main page.  There are various hacks to work around it and I am not sure that they always work. 

I am guessing that maybe the google folks did not think that people might have multiple remarketing lists and therefore did not develop the code to be used like I plan to use it, which would allow for targeted advertising on our part such as showing a Gulf Shores ad to visitors who only viewed Gulf Shores properties etc. 

The google analytics product allows for running async so I wonder if they plan to expand remarketing in the future to be run async?  Especially considering the "only one on a page" issue that requires this iframe based solution to get visitors on multiple remarketing lists.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Victor,

Here's another approach for you. Use just the image part of the code, the part that's in the noscript. You can place all three 'images' on the same page and no Javascript.

Best,

Pete

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I believe you can create an extra field in your system wherever you input details on properties - e.g. A drop down menu of remarketing lists so that the tag is published with the property. Then you can create combinations - e.g. All the condos in one area, and use that for retargeting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I thought of doing that but, if that is sufficient what is all that javascript code that google wrote for?

In the mean time I am just waiting and seeing with the iframes.  I have not had any reports of errors.

Here is a page that I am putting on 4 lists:

http://www.meyerre.com/property/Beach_Club_1009D

Condos Visitors, Fort Morgan Visitors, All Visitors, and Beach Club Visitors

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Victor,

Now that's a really good question. I'm sure there is a reason, but I have no clue what that is!

Pete