AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Regain access to Google Analytics account from a different email address

[ Edited ]
4 g
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
4 g
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I regain Google Analytics which used to be connected to a private gmail account since the company has now switched to using G Suite for business? We do not want to lose 2 years of analytics and we've received a notification that our Google Analytics account is scheduled for deletion. However, we cannot access admin console through private gmail account anymore to restore the view.

If I need to create an adwords account to access the support options, do I create it by using the private gmail account which was formerly used for Google Analytics or by administrator account within G Suite for Business?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 4 g
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @4 g,

You are welcome.

No, merging two Analytics accounts is not possible. You can add multiple users (emails) to both and see both accounts logged in as a user. And you can connect the accounts to your AdWords account.

With that said, there is a import data option, but it pulls very limited data and will not suffice for pulling all of your account history. And you could add both tracking codes to the web property. But you would still be working from two accounts. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @4 g,

For the purposes you state, absolutely use the private email address used to create/manage the lost Analytics account. Do that right away and then proceed with the process of regaining control of a lost Google Analytics account

Kind Regards,

James

4 g
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
4 g
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James_Clemens,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have one more question. Once we restore Google Analytics view, the one connected to the private gmail account, will there be a possibility to merge two Google Analytics into one, as both are created for the same website? The thing is, old Analytics has one tracking ID and the new one (the one connected to G Suite for business) has a different one. Will that be a problem?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 4 g
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @4 g,

You are welcome.

No, merging two Analytics accounts is not possible. You can add multiple users (emails) to both and see both accounts logged in as a user. And you can connect the accounts to your AdWords account.

With that said, there is a import data option, but it pulls very limited data and will not suffice for pulling all of your account history. And you could add both tracking codes to the web property. But you would still be working from two accounts. 

Kind Regards,

James