AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Recovering my google analytics account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I am working for a client that no longer has the login information for their Google Analytics Account. They need to create a report for the past two years of data. Can you help us track down the account? We have the old GA tracking ID:  <edited by a community manager>  Thank you so much!!

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove personal information. This is done, per our Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect your privacy and/or account security.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adair B
September 2015

Re: Recovering my google analytics account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adair.
Welcome to the community.
This is actually a GA issue mixed with a little bit of adwords so I'll answer it here. I contribute on the GA forum too and this is the most frequent question asked there by far. You need to follow the steps outlined in this thread: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/analytics/oFoGKQooXGA

If you don't want to read through it all, please just visit this blog post on the topic: http://www.brettasnyder.com/blog/reclaim-google-analytics-account-access/

You'll need an AdWords account. If you don't have one for the website that you're locked out of, you'll need to create one. Then follow the instructions. It's probably just a little too late to get onto live support right now, but give it a try anyway. Let me know how you get on.

Dave

Re: Recovering my google analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your thorough response! I'll definitely let you know how things progress, and thanks again for the helpful links you provided.

-Adair