AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Recovering ads historical data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had to change the destination URL for all the ads in one of my campaigns and I lost all the historical data (CTR, CPC, etc.) for all my ads. Is there any way to get this back?

Thank you so much!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Recovering ads historical data

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Zeke

You can find your historical data from "Change History" tool. The My Change History tool shows each change within a timeline, mapped to your account data (like impressions, clicks, conversions, clickthrough rate, and cost). Compare your changes with the timeline of performance data to help know which changes may have contributed to changes in your performance.

Please go to this link to view your change history - https://adwords.google.com/ch/ChangeHistory
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zeke C
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zeke

Unfortunately, the answer to your question is no. All you can do is, you can just view their data metrics by changing the drop down menu to "All Ads" adjacent to the segment drop down menu.
Each text ad have its own unique Ad ID and once you make changes to any ad it will delete the old ad and create a new ad with new Ad ID. If you are running your campaign on Conversion Optimizer then as per my understanding it may impact your campaign performance for some time as Conversion Optimizer works on history.

Hope this Helps!

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah, that's what I thought. Thank you so much guys!

Recovering ads historical data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run most of my campaigns with Target CPA. I'm not sure whether it uses the historical data from the ads or from the keywords I have. If I erase the tracking template from the ads, and the historical data is gone, will it affect my campaigns performance? Or will it take the keyword's historical data instead? Hope you guys can help me with that.