AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Recovering a google analytics account and historical data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In trying to consolidate all of the email addresses used to access the Google properties at our institution (YouTube, Google+, Analytics and Webmaster Tools), we are no longer able to access Google Analytics using the email address that was originally associated with it (that email address now accesses YouTube and Google+ but not Analytics and Webmaster Tools.)

Are we now unable to access the original Analytics account using that email? If we set up an Adwords account using the old UA tracking code found on our site, can we access our old Analytics? And, if so, will the historical data still be there or is it lost?

My apologies if this is long winded and unclear.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Recovering a google analytics account and historical data

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Web M,

Google Analytics would track data, as far as the code is intact on the website. However, sometimes you might have to follow a few steps to recover this data, if the property is deleted. You'd be able to figure this out only when you have access to the account. 

I'd suggest following steps in this article to gain access firstly, then take a call based on whether or not your data is available. You might also want to post your query on the GA product forum if you face any issues after gaining access.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Recovering a google analytics account and historical data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply, Sumanth. I had read that post already and will give it a try.