AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Received conversion, but don't know how to find which keyword is converting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received a conversion on adwords. I tried searching around to see if I can find out what keyword phrase converted, but wasn't able to figure out where this information is placed.

What are the navigation steps to see this information?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author toasted
September 2015

Re: Received conversion, but don't know how to find which keyword is converting.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi toasted,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

In order to see which keywords converted for you, go to the Keywords Tab and then sort the data in descending order of conversions. This will show you which keywords converted for you.

On top of this, I would also encourage you to view the exact search terms which converted for you. To find that, click on keyword details and then select all. This will show you which search terms converted for you. Also, customize the columns of your Search Terms and include the keyword to know which particular keyword triggered which search term and in which match type. This will give you deep insights on what is working for you and what not.

Also read this official blog post where TCs Calin and Moshe have shared their experiences with respect to this new column under Search Terms Report and how it has benefitted them

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Received conversion, but don't know how to find which keyword is converting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your help showing me which page I can find this information. The reason why I didn't see the that information there was because on new accounts, by default, the information does not show until you go into customize columns and add the columns you would like to see.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi toasted,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

In order to see which keywords converted for you, go to the Keywords Tab and then sort the data in descending order of conversions. This will show you which keywords converted for you.

On top of this, I would also encourage you to view the exact search terms which converted for you. To find that, click on keyword details and then select all. This will show you which search terms converted for you. Also, customize the columns of your Search Terms and include the keyword to know which particular keyword triggered which search term and in which match type. This will give you deep insights on what is working for you and what not.

Also read this official blog post where TCs Calin and Moshe have shared their experiences with respect to this new column under Search Terms Report and how it has benefitted them

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your help showing me which page I can find this information. The reason why I didn't see the that information there was because on new accounts, by default, the information does not show until you go into customize columns and add the columns you would like to see.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
@toasted, glad I could help Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I have to say well done calin and moshe. kelvin