AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Reading about placing one tag across your site - help!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone

I have tried remarketing in the past but it's not gone so well so am now looking to try again..

Just been reading up on it and it came up with the suggestion to add one tag across the whole site then create lists yourself - I'm a bit confused on how to do this - can anyone help?

Thank you! Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LauraBburn
September 2015

Re: Reading about placing one tag across your site - help!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ok, then just tell the team that you need that snippet of code on every page, they'll know what to do with it.

That code will tag every visitor on your website, along with all the URLs they have visited.

Then, when you create a remarketing campaign, you'll be able to target either all people on the remarketing list or only people who reached certain URLs (think page addresses) on your website.

You can tag people who viewed certain products, people who added something to their carts or people who reached your "contact us" page.

Here's how it works, in detail: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Laura.

You should include the tag on every page of your website. If your pages are dynamically generated (i.e. not static HTML files with no changing elements), you should include the tag, for instance in the footer section which is then included in each page automatically.

If the pages are manually created, you have to make sure to edit each and one of them.

What platform does your website run on?
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
The site has been built by our in house IT team.

It's when it says "create remarketing lists based on your site URLs" that I am confused - how do I go about this?

Thanks for your help and quick response! Smiley Happy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LauraBburn
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ok, then just tell the team that you need that snippet of code on every page, they'll know what to do with it.

That code will tag every visitor on your website, along with all the URLs they have visited.

Then, when you create a remarketing campaign, you'll be able to target either all people on the remarketing list or only people who reached certain URLs (think page addresses) on your website.

You can tag people who viewed certain products, people who added something to their carts or people who reached your "contact us" page.

Here's how it works, in detail: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en