AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Conversion Tracking and Goals -- Going across multiple domains or

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

My client is using the archaic system described earlier. I'm having trouble setting up cross domain tracking.

I can install the analytics code with cross domain tracking - pretty straight forward to be honest. But what I'm, having issues with is getting the CMS software to link from siteA to SiteB using the onclick code described on this page. Some phoney developer can't develop and relies on open source software that they can't customise. I feel like throwing my computer at them - but I have to be restrained.

So do I have any other options? Can I set up both sites with different analytics profiles and get analytics to connect the data somehow?

Initially I wanted to just installed the Adwords conversions tracking, but the booking system doesn't allow installation of the Adwords script - I then thought I'd be confined to Analytics conversion tracking - but that too seems impssible to do due to factors outside of my control.

Not having a good day Cat Sad

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Tracking and Goals -- Going across multiple domains or

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi morecaffeine,

I feel your pain!

Let me see if I got this right, you can place your Analtics code on the third party web site, but not the AdWords conversion code?

Oh, I don't know what archaic system you mean, I guess I haven't seen your other post.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords