AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

ROAS at campaign level, CPC for the ad group

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys

Is this scenario possible while we have set ROAS bid strategy for a campaign, at the same time, we have an ad group within this campaign with different bid strategy like normal CPC? We know that ROAS can be applied on campaign, ad group and keyword level (+), but does this kind of structure work? When I check Ad group setting i see a message that "the ad group uses the settings from campaign 'XYZ'. The campaign settings include budget, location and language targeting, and other settings that apply to all ad groups in the campaign."

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ROAS at campaign level, CPC for the ad group

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Yes, that's possible. You can set the ROAS bid strategy at the keyword, ad group or campaign level if you want.

Make sure you meet the pre requirements to qualify for this type of bid strategy. Below is the screenshot:-

Roas.png

Find more details about this here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en

Let us know if this helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Nariman,
I'm agree on Pankaj point 1st you meet the pre requirement, here i'm given you some opinion which help you analyze the ROAS matrics & take decision according to that where is right for apply either on adgroup, keywords & campaigns level:
When determining your Target ROAS be sure to review historical conversion value data for the keywords,
ad groups and campaigns you plan to use Target ROAS bidding on. Using historical data to calculate
Target ROAS will help you to maximize revenue, without losing volume. Historical conversion value
per cost data can be located by selecting Customize Columns > Performance > Conv. Value/Cost.
Look back over the last 30 days and then multiply the Conv. Value/Cost * 100 to get the Target ROAS %.

---
Jitender

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Pankaj pretty well answered it and only to ad that the bidding strategy with the highest priority is the one closest to the keyword and then up to the campaign level, as the lowest prioritized strategy, aka default strategy.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This year old thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thank you.