AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

[Quick Response Appreciated] Impact on enabling the demographics report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to know if when I once enable the demographics report, age for instance, will it affect all other reports such as "Custom Reports" and "Audience>Cohort Analysis" report? For example, since age report excludes user data below 18, will I loose data for users under 18 in Custom Reports too and won't be able to track them?

Re: [Quick Response Appreciated] Impact on enabling the demographics report

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Mai,

If you exclude age range below 18 then yes you are not able to see the report specially for age of 18 audience.

Thanks,
Anand

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Mai,

Enabling the demographic report will not have any impact on other reports. Enabling will help you see patterns and changes in activity(Age group, Gender) over time and easily spot your biggest markets as well as new opportunities.

Regards,
Ujjwal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Do you mean other reports than demographics reports when you say "report"?

Thanks,
Mai

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Mai,

Agree with Ujjwal. I know little about other report apart from Demographic report but i will appreciate you if you describe more about other report as per you.

Thanks,
Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand,

I am trying to track how users are behaving by seeing the event actions in custom report. I was worried if I enable the age report, I won't be able to see how people under 18 are using my service in the custom report even though in the case that they are the most satisfied and frequent users. Seeing response from Ujjwal, I guess even though I enable the age report, I still can see user behaviors for under18 in other reports such as custom report?

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Mai