AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Question regarding call tracking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

Hoping one of you can help as trying to speak to the guys at Google has left me pulling my hair out!!! No one seems to understand what I am saying!!!

I know that when you set up a conversion for tracking calls from your website using Google forwarding numbers that it doesn't for a while and even then unless you are getting 100 clicks per ad group the reporting doesn't work.

I am just wondering if you use Google forwarding numbers for your call extensions and call only ads if the reporting works for those?

Please help!

Thanks everyone!

Laura

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question regarding call tracking

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Laura B,

I know that when you set up a conversion for tracking calls from your website using Google forwarding numbers that it doesn't for a while and even then unless you are getting 100 clicks per ad group the reporting doesn't work

There is no 100 clicks criteria to start showing the GFN by the system.

Though, with desktop ads if your ad group isn’t getting a minimum number of clicks in a 4-week period then the Google forwarding numbers may not be shown.

I am just wondering if you use Google forwarding numbers for your call extensions and call only ads if the reporting works for those?

Yes, works for both.

read more About call reporting

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Archit

Thanks for the reply.

I was referring to the calls from website - so when people click through to your website and they see a dynamic number that forwards to a Google forwarding number. I have had lots of experience of these and I have never had the reporting working for those clients with small amounts of traffic.

I just want to know if the way Google records call from the ad extensions and call only ads is different.

Thanks,

Laura

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The same unique GFN will be allocated to all the calls tracking in your AdWords account.

It works perfectly in my clients' accounts, cross check if there is any error in implementation of call tracking to the phone number on website.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I just spoke to a guy at Google who told me that an account needs to have received at least 15 conversions in the last 30 days for a Google forwarding number to show and for the reporting to work for any of the call reporting so website call, call only ads and call extensions?

Thanks,

Laura

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This criteria is required to use the Target CPA bidding strategy, not for GFN.

Regards