AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Question about Automated Rules

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I find automated rules is helpful in saving my time to monitor my campaign performance. For example, send an email when any of my keyword generate 1 conversion. There are other situations I hope to get an email alert, but I don't know how to set it up using automate rules:

Situation 1: Send me an email when cost of a certain campaign has reached 70% of its budget. In "send me email when", seems I can only set a frequency with a fix time to run the rule. How can I ensure to be notified as soon as the criteria triggered.

Situation 2: Send me an email when cost of my account or a certain campaign has dropped more than 30% week over week. Can I set rules to monitor performance variations?

Re: Question about Automated Rules

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jing L.

There is no such option available to set email alerts for the situations you have listed Smiley Happy

Thanks
Rohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Rohit for the quick reply.
I think these can help saving my time to assess campaign performance, without having to check Adwords frequently. Not sure if anyone else has similar needs. Will Google consider to help on this in future plan?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jing,

Hopefully google will take that rule in next optimization step in future for save the user time.
But in situation 1 you can make a Automated Rule which run every day & send you a mail regarding your spent or you can increase your budget according to spent.
Check Automated Rules > Change Daily Budget > "Situation 1"

Thanks,
Jitender

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jing L,
You can set automatic rule for the following.

Schedule ads for special promotions or events
Pause low-performing ads or keywords
Change keyword bids to control your average position
Raise keyword bids to ensure ads show on first page
Send yourself an email if a campaign’s budget is nearly exhausted early in the day
You can have up to 100 active rules on each account.