AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Query Parsing in Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is query parsing in Adwords and how it is being done. Please assist

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anish G
September 2015

Re: Query Parsing in Adwords

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the Community,

Query parsing may refer to a variety of topics. The Query represents the search term, the words that people type in the search engine to find relevant pages.

One usage of parsing the query, meaning to find strings of text in the search term, is to find location related words to match the intent of the user. This feature is described here in the help center : link

If the AdWords system detects geographic areas that someone is interested in, we may show appropriate ads targeted to that area (known as location of interest), even if the person isn't physically located in the location.

Some examples of how we might detect a location of interest if a user does any of the following:

• Includes the name of a recognizable location in her search."

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

In addition to Adrian good point, i would like to explain in this way:-

Query parsing helps people who reside outside your targeted region but are interested in your product/service in your targeted region.

If you running a campaign targeted in New York and bidding the keyword—restaurant in newyork. But users from London googles the phrase “restaurant in newyork”. Thus users will see your ads. This happens due to query passing, because the users search intent match with your keywords.

Also the users from London searches the words “restaurant in newyork” in www.google.com instead of www.google.co.uk, users will see the ads.

If you are facing query passing problems, you can change the advance setting of the campaigns.

Select the “People in my targeted location“ instead of by default option-“People in, searching for or viewing pages about my targeted location (recommended)”

You can also see the Geographical and user Performance reports under the dimension tab to understand the query passing.

Location and user.PNG

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the Community,

Query parsing may refer to a variety of topics. The Query represents the search term, the words that people type in the search engine to find relevant pages.

One usage of parsing the query, meaning to find strings of text in the search term, is to find location related words to match the intent of the user. This feature is described here in the help center : link

If the AdWords system detects geographic areas that someone is interested in, we may show appropriate ads targeted to that area (known as location of interest), even if the person isn't physically located in the location.

Some examples of how we might detect a location of interest if a user does any of the following:

• Includes the name of a recognizable location in her search."
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

In addition to Adrian good point, i would like to explain in this way:-

Query parsing helps people who reside outside your targeted region but are interested in your product/service in your targeted region.

If you running a campaign targeted in New York and bidding the keyword—restaurant in newyork. But users from London googles the phrase “restaurant in newyork”. Thus users will see your ads. This happens due to query passing, because the users search intent match with your keywords.

Also the users from London searches the words “restaurant in newyork” in www.google.com instead of www.google.co.uk, users will see the ads.

If you are facing query passing problems, you can change the advance setting of the campaigns.

Select the “People in my targeted location“ instead of by default option-“People in, searching for or viewing pages about my targeted location (recommended)”

You can also see the Geographical and user Performance reports under the dimension tab to understand the query passing.

Location and user.PNG

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’