AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score does it really matters?

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hi Guys,

In a one campaign I'm handling i was using around 20 keywords in this set. And one keyword says it's ad relevence is "Below Average". But from the business point of view I know that keyword is very important. 

And yesterday the only conversion I got came out from this keyword. Now i was wondering how this ad relevence being messured? why something important like this being displayed as Below average?

Capture.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nisal L
September 2015

Re: Quality Score does it really matters?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Somehow it effects your quality score but not a major share. I would recommend that you make a separate ad group and add this keyword their and make more relevant ad copy in order to have a better ad relevancy. I think, since long tail keywords are longer & have more specific keywords as compared to short tail keywords, so you have to be more specific in terms of ad copies as well.

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Google is just telling you that keyword seems not relevant to your ad copy.
And you may want to improve your ad copy by using whole keyword or some
part of it in your ad copy.Hope this helps.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 11
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

As a general practice of building Ads , I take every search term from the Search Terms report weekly and type it in the Ad Preview to check how many words from that search term are in my ads and how many in my competitor ads.

If my competitor matches 5 words from a 6 words search term and I match 2, it means my Ad is less relevant and I have to build another. This does not imply deleting the old ad or pausing it, it means only to create a new ad and to test its CTR over time to see if it gets a better CTR than the old Ad.

If you are dealing with a lot of Ads, in order to see easier what Ad copies are older in an ad group , you can asign them labels and activate the Label column in the Ads tab.

Also If I were a tourist in that airport I would use a wi-fi connection from let's say a fast food to search for stuff. This means your campaign must have mobile traffic enabled and you should use shorter keywords.

If I were a tourist I would not type the name of the airport or if I type I could be making some mistakes such as :

Charl de Gaule 

Charles de Gol

Try bidding also on keywords which represent typos but do not include these words also in the Ad.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nisal

Ad relevancy is how your ad copy will perform with that particular keyword i.e. how good CTR a ad copy have on that keyword. Having below average status doesn't mean that your ad copy will ot perform good with that keyword, it just that Google thinks that your ad copy is not relevant enough to that keyword as compared to the other keywords. In order tho try that try to make tightly themed ad groups so that so cover specific types of keywords in an ad group. Also if you have added those keywords with in last 1 or 2 days, then wait for some time to let Google update the results.

My views!

Abhishek

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the feedback, So i was wondering how exactly this been measured in quality score? Because my client website has the same thing as his main business. Doing shuttle/Taxi services from mentioned airport to Disney. Isn't it bit odd to say it's not relevant ?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Somehow it effects your quality score but not a major share. I would recommend that you make a separate ad group and add this keyword their and make more relevant ad copy in order to have a better ad relevancy. I think, since long tail keywords are longer & have more specific keywords as compared to short tail keywords, so you have to be more specific in terms of ad copies as well.

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Thanks Abhishek, I'll give this a try Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Nisal,

QS is calculated on many factors and one of the factors is 'Ad relevance' . Its good that Google has given option to have a detailed QS information for keywords. It helps advertiser to further optimize performance.Following are the words from Google support page 

"It's possible for a keyword to have a high Quality Score and low ad relevance (or vice versa) because AdWords looks at a number of different quality factors when determining Quality Score. Even if your overall Quality Score is high, looking at the individual factors can help you identify potential areas for improvement."

Coming down to your problem it seems like your keyword is bit longer than normal and can't actually be part of an adcopy.Try to get a adcopy with most relevant word to your business from the keyword you mentioned like "disneyland transfer" etc. Hope that helps.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Zaidan,

Thanks. My only concern was why adword counted this as below average ad relevance while it's been the main business option Smiley Happy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Google is just telling you that keyword seems not relevant to your ad copy.
And you may want to improve your ad copy by using whole keyword or some
part of it in your ad copy.Hope this helps.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nisal,

As it was said before, words from the keyword have to appear in the Headline or description lines, to be considered a relevant Ad.

Use the Ad Preview tool to test the search term

transfer charles de gaulle to disneyland 

to study what comptetitor Ads have in their Text for the same search term and rephrase them.

If a word from the search term is found in the Ad anywhere, you will notice that it becomes written in Bold in that Ad to draw attention that particular Ad.

Let's imagine that somebody is looking for that search term

transfer charles de gaulle to disneyland 

and an Ad Headline is 

Cheap Taxi Transfer To DisneyLand

3 words which are matched from the  search term to the Headline are suddenly written in bold.

Also it is recommended to keep ad groups with 1 keyword and 2-4 Ad variations for the highest level of relevancy.

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the detailed answer. I did do some research in competitor analysis and what kind of ad content they have been using. But now I clearly understand the ad relevancy between a certain ad copy and the keyword.

Thank you