AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score and Adwords Crawl Bot

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there,

I was wondering which cache is Adwords using to determine quality score.
For example is cache:http://www.test.com exactly what AdWords seeing when it crawls my landing page to gather info for it's Quality score?

Also which bot is it using?

The reason for asking is as follows. I want to check if content that is under a read more jquery function is considered for increasing the quality score of a certain keyword.

Since the design of the landing page is utilizing read more tags for being more clear and aesthetic i need to check if Google can read the whole content.

Regards
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Angelos S

Landing page quality is checked / crawled by AdsBot.

Please also note that landing page experience is only ONE component (among several) factored in  QS calculation;

Read more:

A full list of Google's bots

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1061943?hl=en

About landing page experience:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there MosheTLV thanks for your reply. What about the read more tag and if Google can read keywords within the hidden area so that to improve quality score.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

AdWords is NOT SEO. Design the page to human not to machines.  "Spreading" keywords within the text will not improve your QS. 

I'd recommend reading the article I linked.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I never mentioned anything about spreading keywords in the text. I said that the design of my landing page is such that every here and there has a read more with a jquery function which when pressed reveals the content.

I have read the content that you linked but it seems that you did not read my questions.

Does adbot read the content that is hidden within the read more tag? 

Please reply with answers at the questions you have been asked. Just to make it easier.

1. Yes it does

2. No, it does not

3. I am not certain

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Angelos S;

We are volunteers here (including myself). Please be polite and address your questions with courtesy in a friendly manner.  Giving instructions does not encourage to help.

I had thought that my answer should have been understood without saying it explicitly. But since it was not, I'll say it explicitly: hidden text or any other technique  intended to circumstance the bot's  ability to crawl the site and to naturally  understand the  text and content  (including hidden text) - is not allowed and could end up in a suspension.

Here is an example:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Account-Suspended-hidden-text-links/td-...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV

First of all you was the one that assumed things on your answer. Something that I consider highly inappropriate and from where i am atleast not a polite thing to do.

My question was simple yet obviously misunderstood.

Your answer was understood. That of course does not make it right.

Not wanting to be ... repeating myself since its not polite or friendly... but you leave me no other choice but to do so.

I am not hiding anything from the search engines. I am using jquery to minimize the length of the page by adding a limit to the characters appearing on blocks of content. As you of course already know but must have miss read ... I am using jQuery which loads after the search engine read the entire page and i am not hiding content using a display none or any other cloaking technique.

So... your last link is something of no use.

I feel that you are not able to help this support ticket or maybe I am not able to understand your answers. In anyway thank you for trying.

Regards

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

He Doesn't know the answer.   Most JavaScript is read by all Google bots, don't listen this this guy, he has no clue and just likes to denegrate people.  @MosheTLV  looks at your pages through Google Fetch and Render to see if the bot can read your text.  This will tell you.  I know its a different bot, but the readability is shared across all channels.  Google is not going to develop a bot to read content for SEO well and then neglect that readability for the other bots.