AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score Is Given 4 before I have any data?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I have a keyword with no data coming yet for weeks. Usually they will be quality score 6 but it's been 4 since it's created. See below:

Capture.PNG

And it was remarked as low CTR to improve. Can I please ask how could I increase the CTR even before it get at least 1 click? (I do hope Adwords can be more sensible)

Thanks,

Jason

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason Zhang
January 2016

Re: Quality Score Is Given 4 before I have any data?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Jason Zhang;

QS is based on the exact mach form of the keyword. (This is a bit different than the exact match type. Meaning: when the search query exactly matches the KW,) 
So, when you add a new  KW with a different match type, In practice, there is already a data to set a QS. And, hence,  it doesn't default to 6.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jason,

As I can see from the picture that you have used the same set of words as your keyword with different match types within the same adgroup. And this is the main factor that during the internal account auction, the phrase match wins anyway.

I suggest you to use both the match types in different adgroups and must use corresponding negatives to both the adgroups.

Example:
In modified broad (+jobs +esl +china), use vacancies as negative.
After doing so, the query "esl china jobs vacancies" will only be triggered by the keyword "esl china jobs".

Hence, the CTR of this keyword will be increased.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Archit,

Thanks for the answer!

I love the idea of "using both the match types in different ad groups and must use corresponding negatives to both the ad groups" so at least they're not competing each other in the same loop.

I'll see what the data says and see if I have further questions.

Best,

Jason

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sure. It will help you.
But be careful with negatives. If any one used in 1 adgroup, be sure that is must trigger from another adgroup. Otherwise it may limit the impressions.

And feel free to write if still find any issue.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason Zhang
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Jason Zhang;

QS is based on the exact mach form of the keyword. (This is a bit different than the exact match type. Meaning: when the search query exactly matches the KW,) 
So, when you add a new  KW with a different match type, In practice, there is already a data to set a QS. And, hence,  it doesn't default to 6.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’