AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

QR codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ishan,

Thanks a lot for your time. My question is about QR codes and GA. I made some QR codes using the links generated by Google URL builder, which go to some webpages of my company's website. I want to see the tracking information of scanning QR codes in GA but on in Goo.gl. I registered with GA using my personal webpage.

Is it possible I can see the tracking information of these QR codes without making any changes to the webpages of my company's website?

Thank you so much.

GR

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: QR codes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Genny,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

I am not Ishan, but I will try to help you out on this Smiley Happy

You have setup QR codes for certain links pointing to your company website, and you have used URL Builder to set up GA campaign parameters.

Now you want to see data for these links in your personal GA account. Correct me if I did not understand you well. 

The data for those URLs would be available only in the GA account which is linked with your company website. However, if you have the admin access to your company's GA account, you can see them as well. 

In another case, if you are not using absolute URLs of your company's website, and rather you are using goo.gl URLs, you can see reports for goo.gl URLs in its interface only. Even in this case, your personal GA account would not see the traffic data from those links. 

About changes in the website, no change would be required to be made in your company's website in all the cases explained above. 

Hope it helps. 

Thanks

Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.