AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Product Listing Ads Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have product listing ads set up for Website A in my AdWords account and linked to the Merchant centre account containing my product feed.

I also, have Website B in the same adwords account linked to Merchant centre and a product feed in a seperate account.

I'm having problems tracking conversions for website B and differentiating between the normal search campaign and the PLA campaign. I suspect this is because you can only link one merchant centre account to an adwords account.

Is this the case and how do i get around the problem without opening another account?

Cheers

Tim

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Product Listing Ads Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

AFAIK you cannot link two merchant accounts to the same AdWords account. You can link one Merchant account to several AdWords accounts, but the other way around is not possible, to my knowledge.

What you can do is create a multi-client account (Merchant Center): http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188487. But even so, and if you link the parent account to the AdWords account, I do not know if you will be able to access all child feeds from within AdWords, this is something you should maybe ask on the Google Shopping forum.

Anyway, let's assume that you do manage to access two feeds for two different websites from the same adwords account (just make sure the products and websites are not similar, as you are not allowed). I don't think you'll be able to show ads from two different feeds at the same time, if that's what you're looking for. If this is not what you're looking for then I guess that the easiest setup is the one that I'm using:

- an AdWords MCC account

- one AdWords client account per website

- one linked Merchant Center account per website

From my MCC I can manage each of them easily, and I can even see aggregate reports if I want to.

But maybe this is not what you're aiming for.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Product Listing Ads Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

AFAIK you cannot link two merchant accounts to the same AdWords account. You can link one Merchant account to several AdWords accounts, but the other way around is not possible, to my knowledge.

What you can do is create a multi-client account (Merchant Center): http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188487. But even so, and if you link the parent account to the AdWords account, I do not know if you will be able to access all child feeds from within AdWords, this is something you should maybe ask on the Google Shopping forum.

Anyway, let's assume that you do manage to access two feeds for two different websites from the same adwords account (just make sure the products and websites are not similar, as you are not allowed). I don't think you'll be able to show ads from two different feeds at the same time, if that's what you're looking for. If this is not what you're looking for then I guess that the easiest setup is the one that I'm using:

- an AdWords MCC account

- one AdWords client account per website

- one linked Merchant Center account per website

From my MCC I can manage each of them easily, and I can even see aggregate reports if I want to.

But maybe this is not what you're aiming for.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.