AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Product Listing Ads Statistics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have recently created a product listing adgroup for one of my campaigns. I have had quite a few links on the adgroup but i cannot see the search terms providing traffic and also i cannot see in the adwords preview any of my adverts being displayed as a product listing ad.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dale

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Product Listing Ads Statistics

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey ezdotcom2,

Welcome to the forum!

In order to see additional stats for your product listing ads, you will need to append URL tracking parameters to your product listings feed as this data is not automically tracked in AdWords.

Track Your Product Listing Ad Performance

Ads will not be displayed with Product Listing Ads, which is why you aren't seeing your adverts appear. If you want to show products with text ads, you will need to setup Product Extensions.

Using Product Listing Ads & Product Extensions Together

Thanks,

BI

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Thanks for your response. What i am trying to do is set up the adsd that show up on the top right of the SERP's with the product title, photo and price. 

I believe this is a product listing ad and i believe i have set this up, just can't seem to see it or analyse any results!

D

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

You are absolutely right, those are Google Product Listing Ads.

Lets check to see if you have all setup properly:

1.) Setup a Google Merchant Center account and create a feed of all online products, which you will submit to Google Merchant Center.

2.) Link your Google Merchant Center Account with AdWords within the Google Merchant Center interface.

3.) Create a Product Listing Ads campaign in AdWords. Do NOT create ads or insert keywords.

4.) Link Your Google Merchant Center product feed via AdWords Product Ad Extensions settings.

5.) Setup an 'Auto Target > Product Target' which specifies the products you want to advertise. You can add all products or setup a filter based on Product Type, Brand, Condition, AdWords Label, and AdWords Grouping. I believe you can setup three filters per ad group.

6.) Set appropriate bids at the ad group level and daily budget at the campaign level.

Let me know if you've done all the above steps.

Thanks,

BI

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Dale

I should point out that product listing ads (PLAs) don't get triggered by keywords so you won't actually see any keyword related statistics. 

Based on the product targets you set up, your product listing ads are matched with the most relevant searches using information you provide in your Google Merchant Center account.

Hope that clarifies why you won't be able to see any search terms.

This page explains in a bit more detail how you can track the performance of your PLAs. 

Nick

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Dale.

As Nick already mentioned, you cannot use keywords in order to target product listing ads. Targeting is done by Google, via the info provided in the Google Merchant Account.

However, you can definitely see what search terms have triggered your product listing ads to appear, and you can use negative keywords to block impressions for irrelevant terms.

I have noticed that in my case, many product listing ads (which obviously point to a single product) get triggered for very generic terms, and I have used those terms as negative exact keywords. And it did help me cut my costs.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Calin,

I am noticing the same thing, some generic keywords providing alot of clicks with no conversions.

Is there a big delay before the search terms come through as ours are still showing nothing?

Dale

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply. I have integrated the utm_medium=myfeed on the urls in merchant center. But in doing so, i'm thinking this will show both conversions form the merchant centre & pla's as just conversions for myfeed?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello Dale.

I don't wait for the search terms to be reported in AdWords Smiley Happy. I have a linked Analytics account for every AdWords account and am looking at the "matched search queries" in Analytics. They are first reported there, and only sometime later they come to the AdWords interface as well.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hey, ezdotcom2.

If you want to have different landing URLs for different click types (product extensions, PLAs, regular google shopping clicks), you may want to look at adwords_queryparam. Here's a thread from the older forum: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/adwords/campaign-management/JFMG5SOem9M

For some reason I cannot find the documentation related to <g:adwords_queryparam> ...

But the idea is that just as ValueTrack can insert the values for some variables in your destination URLs, this parameter can tell you if the click's origin is a product extension or a product listing ad.