AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Problem: Linking adwords to multiple analytics views

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm having a bit of problems with my setup, and heres the reasoning:

In my analytics I have 2 reporting views at the moment:

1. Original (which is all analytic data put into 1)

2. Campaign: rent our desk (which is a reporting view only for data related to a campaign, which has a specific set of URLs).
The reason why I create multiple reporting views is because I could configure up to 20 goals per reporting view (which is useful when I segregate my campaign into a wide variety of landing pages).

Also, by setting up different reporting views, I could setup my analytics experiments (split testing) in their own reports, therefore not mixing my "main site's" analytical data with my "adword campaigns" data.

The problem I'm having is that when I go to Adwords Linked Accounts, I could only link 1 view at a time -- which is problematic because technically my "conversion" goals for the "rent our desk" campaign will only be available in the "campaign: rent our desk" reporting view from analytics. But since it only lets me chose 1 reporting view, then in the future when I'll create another campaign in my Adwords account, then I'll be stuck using that link, which will be wrong.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions to solve my problem.

Thanks,

Michal

Re: Problem: Linking adwords to multiple analytics views

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi
I am not sure if I understand your problem exactly but if you navigate to adwords linking under admin >> Property. you can link multiple adwords accounts to a single view of GA.
Hope this helps
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey,

I'm looking to do the opposite. Link a single adwords account to multiple views in GA.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Michal,

Yes, you can do both the ways. Please go through this thread and let me know if you didn't find the solution.