AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Problem Linking Adwords to Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to link my Adwords campaign to my Analytics account. The problem I'm having is when I go to Admin > Adwords Linking from my Analytics account, under "Select linked AdWords accounts" the only account that is shown has a phone number that is not my number. I have no idea how this number got associated with my Analytics account.  

Further, it says on the same page the following text.  

"To link a new AdWords account, click + New Link, and follow the instructions. After you link the accounts, select the Analytics views in which you want to make the AdWords data available."

The problem is there is no +New Link option available on the page.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi There,

You can link it in other way too, login to adwords account and in the top you will find Tools tab in the drop down you have a option of Google analytics where you can Link it easily from Adwords account

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi 

Second option Refer this link

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

It isn't a phone number, but rather an account number.

To link the accounts, make sure the same email address is an admin in AdWords and has all rights in Analytics.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It's the account number not Phone number Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Google Adwords Manager account. I was told it had to be set up with a new email address. My old Google Analytics account is not linked to this new Google Manager account. Is it possible to link them? I do not want to start over and lose my history. And also I will need to redo 5-6 site tracking if I set up a new Google analytics account. Am I correct? Is there a simpler way to link my new Google Adwords Manager account to my old Analytics account?

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I got it...I just added the new email address for the Google Adwords Manager as a user for my Analytics account...a little clunky but works..

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Tim W you can also promote the new email address you added as Admin account if you want so you can still control everything.