AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Problem Linking AdWords with Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having trouble linking my AdWords and Analytics accounts. When I follow the instructions, I get to the data table part and I get this error message:

The account <account name> does not appear to be using AdWords.
If you're already an AdWords customer and want to link accounts, please access this page after  signing in to AdWords.

Obviously this is incorrect, because I came to this point via AdWords. I've also attached a screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about.

Screen Shot

Any idea why this is happening and how I can resolve it?

Thanks,

4 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

One thought.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I hate to ask such a simple question.  Your Adwords and Analytics logins are the same right?  You need to have one account with Admin access to both Adwords and Analytics to properly link the two.

I found this link in an older post regarding linking accounts, a blog post from Dinesh.

Not really sure if this helps at all but there's a possibility there is a small step in there that may help you.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Thanks for the reply, but they are the same account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply, but they are the same account.

Linking Analytics and Adwords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@srogers937

Do not forget to enable auto-tagging

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

For kicks and giggles try going to the old version of the...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
For kicks and giggles try going to the old version of the Google Analytics interface and see if you still get that messaging. I noticed some strange issues with associating the analytics and adwords accounts in some clients accounts and it seemed to have something to do with the old vs. new google analytics interfaces.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Crazy. When I did that I got this error message: Although...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Crazy. When I did that I got this error message:

Although this AdWords account is linked to an Analytics account, your AdWords login email address is not listed as a user on that Analytics account. Please contact the administrator of the Analytics account and request that they add you as a user to this Analytics account.

Again, this is not accurate. When I log into Analytics via the new version I can go to the admin tab and see this log-in clearly listed as an admin.

More info: Doing some more reading, it looks like this ma...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
More info: Doing some more reading, it looks like this may be caused by another AdWords Account being linked to our Analytics account. (We used to have an outside vendor handle our AdWords campaigns and it looks like they are still linked) Has anyone heard of that? Does that sound right?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author srogers937
September 2015

Re: More info: Doing some more reading, it looks like this ma...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi srogers937,

You are correct. You can only link one Analytics account to one AdWords account. You'll need to have the accounts unlinked before you can link to you newer account. As I understand the process, it needs to be done from the Analytics side, not the AdWords side, and it needs to be done by an admin.

Try this page for help on unlinking.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. I'll give that a shot

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Let us know how it goes!

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'