AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Postcode level reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to breakdown my costs according to the location that triggered my ad for a certain campaign.

I've run the location report by postcode, but it only shows a fraction of my spend.

The majority of my spend appears to be from the location extensions.

However, it seems the best I can report on from here is distance from location, or geographic area, which at best gives a town.

Is there no option for reporting by postcode?

Reporting by town is not really a viable option for our purposes as there are too many and we cover large parts of the UK and cannot easily map the town to the relevant branch.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Postcode level reporting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Sandra,

Unfortunately, the Post Code level geo reporting is quite limited when it comes to AdWords. Like you said, you will only be able to map just a fraction of your traffic and spends to post codes available in the geo report. Other than this, you can only get the most specific location name in your targeted region.

May I suggest you use Radius targeting and run Micro campaigns targeting specific locations within cities that you know have performed well for you. By doing this, alteast you will be able to map majority of your traffic and spends to a smaller location. You can test this for a location that is the best performing you and check if it helps.

Hope this Helps!

Let me know if you need anything else here.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"