AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Pop-ups conversion Tracking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

Please I have a form on a website, but this form it shows as a pop-up window.

We want to know where shall we place the code to track the people who filled the form and make a remarketing campaign for those who did not fill it.

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pop-ups conversion Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi ZineB
You don't have to do anything different for this, as long as you have a "thank you" page for those who submitted the form. Simply place the conversion code on the thank you page as normal.

As for the remarketing list, you can create a custom list that includes all visitors to the page with the form but who do NOT visit the thank you page.

Hope that helps.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for answering.

But it is a pop-up window not URL or page.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi ZineB
In this case, it will require some custom coding on your end (unless you are using Google Tag Manager). I've written a comprehensive blog post on this topic here: https://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/track-conversions-without-a-thank-you-page/

Your best bet is to get your webmaster or web developer to trigger the conversion on the onsubmit event of the form being submitted. Alternatively, you can use virtual pageviews in GA as goals and import those into AdWords. Here's a detailed developer document on doing this that you should refer your web developer to: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/single-page-applications

If you really want to make this easy on yourself though, I'd just get your developer to include a thankyou page for those who submit the form.