AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Placemant targeting with URL channels

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want my website to apear in the placement targeting for each subject in the website (e.g: math / electric / tools...).

Is there a way to define placement targeting with URL channels?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joe56
September 2015

Re: Placemant targeting with URL channels

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
If I understood you correctly you want to target placements on the display network with text ads having a display URL with / to a specific part of your site.
For that you will have to set separate adgroups, each  ad-group targeting different placements per  site's category. (If you use the same URL in two or more adgroups the ads will compete)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joe56
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
If I understood you correctly you want to target placements on the display network with text ads having a display URL with / to a specific part of your site.
For that you will have to set separate adgroups, each  ad-group targeting different placements per  site's category. (If you use the same URL in two or more adgroups the ads will compete)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Is this about how to configure AdSense to appear in the Display Planner ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, I thought there may be a way to do it with the Adsense URL channels.
I have 1 main template for my website with the Adsense ads and hundreds of pages. Breaking the template for each channel will complicate my website managment.
I hope that Google will add a new feature to allow placment targeting with URL channels or someone here will come with another way?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adrian - yes, my site does not appear with the Display Planner's placement results, even for keywords that my site appears high in the Google search results.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Try posting the question in the dedicated forum below . I think you need a traffic of at least 1000 unique visitors per day recorded in the last 30 days to be placed in the Display Planner , besides using the custom channels. 

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/adsense/products-and-features