AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Phone Numbers Not approved in India

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are working with a Call Tracking Solution in India. We approached Option 2 to verify Numbers for Call Extensions as per the doc https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6099637. The main idea is to track calls from Call extensions separately from website/ landing page generated calls. We have linked Google Console with our Adwords account. But our phone Numbers are still not approved. When I spoke to Google Adwords support team, they insisted me to follow option 1, ie; to display the same phone number in landing page to get it verified. The support team had also informed me that the only option to verify the phone numbers is to display the same number on website/ landing page. It seems Contact Center Managers in India are unaware of other options to verify numbers and are not approving our Numbers. Can someone help? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author KrishnanRV I
September 2015

Re: Phone Numbers Not approved in India

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @KrishnanRV I,

Welcome to AdWords Community. 

If you have successfully linked Search Console to AdWords and have resubmitted the Extension for review, give it a few days. It may take up to 3 days for the system to update its verification status.

Alternatively, you can also add AdWords Remarketing Tag to your website even if you don't use re-marketing. It won't do any harm but would be helpful in getting the number verified. 

My two cents. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha