AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Phone Number Clicks Conversion Tracking Question

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

In regards to the "Clicks on your number on your mobile website"

Is a click on Desktop counted as a conversion?

We do not use m. sites to specify a mobile site, we only use responsive designs, incase that matters.

This question came up in the office today and no one could confidently answer. When a desktop ad is clicked and then the phone number on the website,it brings up an external protocol request. Does this trigger as a conversion?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Phone Number Clicks Conversion Tracking Question

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Chris,

My gut says the answer is yes, and that so long as the phone number is clickable, the code will count it. But I have reached out to a product expert for you to double check! I'll post back here when I have the final answer.

Cassie
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
January 2016

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

And I just got back the answer, which is yes. So long as that phone number is clickable from desktop as well, it would register as a conversion. The code works regardless of the device a user is on; having "mobile" in the name is more so for advertisers who have separate mobile sites, since they likely do not have the click-to-call functionality on the desktop site.

Let me know if that makes sense or if you have any other questions!

Cassie

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the answer, I have passed this along!