AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Passing the placement URL to Pardot and/or Salesforce?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For my contextual targeting campaigns, I would love to be able to pass the placement URL into Pardot and/or Salesforce.  Wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to set something like that up?  We've set up tagging to report the Campaign name in Salesforce, but it would be great to also know the placement.  

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Passing the placement URL to Pardot and/or Salesforce?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jason,
This indeed is possible.
You need to use a valuetrack parameter in your ad.
You can find more about the valuetrack parameters available here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en

There is a parameter in ValueTrack {placement}, it's simply a matter of adding it to the final URL as &placement={placement} and you capture it on your site. Then, you can pass it to Salesforce and Pardot as you do with the campaign name.

The easy part is getting AdWords to pass the placement URL. The harder part is getting your development team to pull the placement from the URL and passing it to your CRM/Marketing Automation software. It's a relatively simple task but finding the resources can be tricky. Some marketing automation tools will pull it from the URL for you but I don't know if Pardot or Salesforce do as we don't use them.

Hope that helps.