AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Passing keyword (and possibly ad) along with the form

N/A
# 1
N/A

We run an AdWords campaign where the goal are leads via a form. We're wondering if there's a way to send
specific information through along with the form that shows us at a glance which ad and keywords this person came through from?

I was reading that we might append query strings, such as www.example.com/landingPage.html?keyword={keyword}

Would this work for what I need? Can I keep auto tagging on, or do I need to do something else?

Re: Passing keyword (and possibly ad) along with the form

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

It sounds like you're referring to ValueTrack parameters, which can provide more substantial information about the ad click via the URL strand. If you want to set it up, this article goes in depth about the feature.

Can you use it with auto-tagging with it? Yes. I'd recommend taking a look at this Community thread before you get started, as it goes into what's compatible with what.

Hope that helps!

N/A
# 3
N/A
Thanks so much for replying. Everything makes sense to me except where we would look to see a specific form's value track info. I can access which keywords generated form submissions in analytics right now with auto tagging, but I am looking to see keywords for specific people who submitted forms. Any insight would be so appreciated. Thanks, Heidi

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Heidi,

There won't be any personally identifiable information that can glean from the Analytics reporting. For example, if John Doe and Jane Doe submit your form, you want be able to go into Analytics to see which keyword brought John there and which brought Jane there. You would just see two keywords, without an idea of which goes with which user.

You may want to check with the product you're actually using to host the form. I've seen it before where you can see information like user's browser, where they came from, and even their traffic source. That might be more along the lines of what you want. Because Analytics data is going to be more anonymized.