AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Pass CPC in URL

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to pass CPC as a URL parameter?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric K
December 2015

Re: Pass CPC in URL

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Eric K if you've got a good reason for not using Analytics (and if you're spending money on AdWords without using Analytics, it really needs to be a very good reason!) then the best solution I can think of is to use separate Campaigns.  You can choose your OS (and other options) in the Campaign settings so you could duplicate the existing Campaign (easily done) then set one to iOS and the other to Android (or make as many versions as you need).

This might actually be a good idea anyway as it would then allow you to control the spend for each, and make bid adjustments individually (not only for Placements but for demographics, locations, etc.).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Eric, how are things?

If by CPC you mean the exact value of that click, I'd guess that is not possible.

From what I know, Google does not provide the auction information individually, but you could pass the keyword that was triggered and cross with the average CPC later. It's not the exact value, but it's definitely something if you have no information.

The keyword will be passed using Google ValueTrack. In case you don't know this, they're parameters you include on your URLs that Adwords fills automatically. You can check the complete list under "Final URL, tracking template, or custom parameter" of the below link:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I am actually running Google Display so cannot pass keyword information.

What i am trying to accomplish is to do analysis to see performance of Android vs iOS. I cannot use Google Analytics.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
There's a parameters for Placement of Display Network. You would know the placement that generated the click to compare within Adwords. Same principle of keywords.

Could you share why you cannot use Analytics?

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric K
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Eric K if you've got a good reason for not using Analytics (and if you're spending money on AdWords without using Analytics, it really needs to be a very good reason!) then the best solution I can think of is to use separate Campaigns.  You can choose your OS (and other options) in the Campaign settings so you could duplicate the existing Campaign (easily done) then set one to iOS and the other to Android (or make as many versions as you need).

This might actually be a good idea anyway as it would then allow you to control the spend for each, and make bid adjustments individually (not only for Placements but for demographics, locations, etc.).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits