AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Pardot form conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not very technical with code but I'm trying to set up a 'conversion' in Google AdWords coming from a form submission on a Pardot Landing Page. I have created a landing page where prospects can leave their details to request a free demo. When they click the submit button, I would to see that conversion show up in Google AdWords. 

I read several articles about putting code in place on the landing page, form iframe, button. Can somebody explain to me step by step how I can achieve this? 

Thank you

Siegbert

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pardot form conversion

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Siegbert,

Thanks for posting to the Community! When a user clicks "submit" on your form page, does your site take them to a new page (with a different URL), or does the URL stay the same? And are you using Google Analytics on your site as well?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

When you click 'submit', the form on the landing page displays a thank you message. The URL stays the same for about 5 sec and then it redirects you to our homepage. I am using Google Analytics as well (only on our homepage though, not the landing page)

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Siegbert,

Thanks for following up. In that case, it sounds like you would need to use Event Tracking on Google Analytics. You would need to add the Analytics code to your landing page (which is a good idea anyhow, since it will give you more information about how long people stay on the landing page, etc.), and from there, you can trigger an event to track every time someone clicks on the submit button.  There's a walkthrough of the different ways to set up the tracking here, but it may be easiest to ask your web developer to set it up, if that's an option.

Hope this helps!
Cassie