AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Pardot and AdWords integration

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks,

Has anyone set up tracking for Pardot in AdWords. I'm trying to set this up in shared library section using tracking template. Any help you provide to set this up will be immensely helpful.

Pardot team as provided the below info to set up tracking parameters in AdWords

Pardot’s Google Analytics Connector will only capture UTM Parameters if the UTM Parameters are uploaded into the URL and the prospect clicks this link as first touch point onto a Pardot tracked page.

The UTM Parameters that we can capture are as follows:

pi_utm_campaign
pi_utm_medium
pi_utm_source
pi_utm_content
pi_utm_term

--
Thanks,
Chetan

Re: Pardot and AdWords integration

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Chetan, how are things?

I guess you'll get a better answer by reaching Pardot support. This is related to adwords, but on a 3rd party tool which we can't provide support.

Maybe this page might help: http://help.pardot.com/customer/portal/articles/2128354-google-adwords-connector-final-urls

Or let's wait for some one with some experience on that matter.

Hope this helps.
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Leandro. I've received some support from Pardot but I want to set this up in such a way that I don't have to manually tag the URLs. There should be an automated way of doing this from the shared library section.

I want to tag AdWords in such a way that the UTM Parameters are parsed to Analytics and from there the Analytics connector will send data to Pardot. So I just need to get the AdWords to send this data to Analytics.

pi_utm_campaign
pi_utm_medium
pi_utm_source
pi_utm_content
pi_utm_term

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Chetan,

The only way I know of Adwords to pass data automatically to GA is through auto-tagging option when you have Adwords and Ga linked.

OIther then that, you should be able to track information by using Google ValueTracks, and not UTMs.

I don't Pardot myself, if you can provide some information on what it is and how to use it we can see further details.
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Leandro. Will try Value Track.

Pardot basically helps automate marketing communication programs. So what we are trying to do is get most AdWords data into Pardot so that we can see the true value of our SEM efforts. We want to get the below details from AdWords into Pardot.

pi_utm_campaign
pi_utm_medium
pi_utm_source
pi_utm_content
pi_utm_term

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Under Available ValueTrack parameters, https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6305348?hl=en, I see an option for campaign ID and ad group ID. Is there a way to resolve these IDs into actual campaign and ad group names?