AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Paid traffic is showing as organic

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Website tracking working was fine a week ago but after making one change paid conversions starts appearing as organic. 

My client asked me to redirect home page by using 302 to a new URL after making this change I can see paid conversions starts appearing as organic. I'm using the same tracking code on all pages including on redirect URL.

How to fix this?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Re: Paid traffic is showing as organic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Santosh
There's a few reasons that this might be happening. The most likely is that the gclid parameter that AdWords adds is being stripped in the redirect. You're going to have to check that the ?gclid=xxxxxxx parameter that AdWords ads on at the end of the URL and make sure that is being passed in the redirect. How you do that depends completely on how your web server is set up and how you do the redirect.

Hope that helps.
Dave

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Santosh
There's a few reasons that this might be happening. The most likely is that the gclid parameter that AdWords adds is being stripped in the redirect. You're going to have to check that the ?gclid=xxxxxxx parameter that AdWords ads on at the end of the URL and make sure that is being passed in the redirect. How you do that depends completely on how your web server is set up and how you do the redirect.

Hope that helps.
Dave

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave,
Thanks for quick reply. Yes you are absolutely right gclid parameter is being stripped in the redirect.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Santosh,
There's a million ways to fix this. Unfortunately, that's like saying "how do I send an email?". It completely depends on the operating system, server you're using, redirect method you're using etc. I'd recommend that you ask on a webmaster or coding forum of your choice that matches your stack so they can advise better as without knowing what you're working with, it's impossible for me to advise.