AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Paid traffic is showing as organic

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a site I've been running for a couple months.  Starting on Dec 20th all of my paid traffic from adwords has been showing up as organic.  Prior to the 20th it was showing as paid.

Also, adwords stopped showing conversions around the same time.  Analytics shows 5 conversions in the last week, and adwords shows 0.

I have my adwords and analytics linked, and auto tagging is enabled.  I have also imported my goals into adwords.  As I said, it was working until the 20th.

How can I fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian C
September 2015

Re: Paid traffic is showing as organic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I figured out the cause of the problem. I had a redirect on the page that my ad was sending traffic to. Apparently that caused the adwords data to disappear. I removed the redirect and now the paid visitors are showing up in analytics. I assume this will fix the missing conversions too.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

Can you give us some more details with numbers about why you believe adwords traffic is shown as organic?

Also please post URL of your website.

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian C
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I figured out the cause of the problem. I had a redirect on the page that my ad was sending traffic to. Apparently that caused the adwords data to disappear. I removed the redirect and now the paid visitors are showing up in analytics. I assume this will fix the missing conversions too.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brian,
How do you make sure that paid traffic is showing as organic?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Asazad,
The issue is solved. See my reply above.