AdWords
1K members online now
1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Paid traffic is showing as organic in Google Debug

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

When a user clicks on an ad, they have to select their country, this then shows up as organic traffic.

Users can also be redirected to the homepage, again to select their country and this then shows are organic traffic.

I am looking to see how people are interacting with the site when they come from PPC. Is it a case that when we ask for an interaction (such as selecting a country) that we lose the tracking sting or is this a re-direct issue or a combination of both.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Paid traffic is showing as organic in Google Debug

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Deborah,

Few questions:-

1. Do you have auto tagging enabled in your AdWords account OR are you using manual tagging to send data to Google Analytics?

2. Are you experiencing this problem from starting or this happened recently?

Pankaj

Re: Paid traffic is showing as organic in Google Debug

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Pankaj,

1. Yes Auto tagging is enabled.
I have received a warning sign in Google Analytics to say: The Ad Destination URL has accrued a significant number of clicks but a lower-than-expected number of corresponding sessions because the page is dropping or altering the gclid parameter inserted by Google. Check the web server's redirect logic or its use of a URL rewrite engine to ensure that the gclid parameter is preserved.

2. This problem has been with for a while.

Thanks